VLT® Refrigeration Drive FC 103
- Save energy and extend the lifetime of refrigeration applications
The VLT® Refrigeration Drive FC 103 is designed to help significantly reduce the lifecycle costs of your refrigeration systems. It offers efficiency- and reliability-enhancing features, integrated process control functions and a commissioning environment specially designed to meet the needs of refrigeration applications. It also features a setup Wizard which uses common refrigeration terms. This makes installation and commissioning easy and safe for refrigeration technicians and installers.
The continuous variable speed control provided by the VLT Refrigeration Drive makes intelligent capacity control possible. By creating stability while balancing the capacity to the actual load, system-wide coefficient of performance improves providing significant energy savings in a wide range of applications.
The drive contains all modules necessary for compliance with EMC standards. The integrated, scalable RFI filter minimizes electromagnetic interference, and the integral DC link chokes reduce harmonic distortion in the mains network. As these features are built in to the drive in the factory, cabinet space can be reduced. Efficient EMC mitigation also enables the use of cables with small cross sections which reduces installation costs.
Features and benefits
- There’s no need for external cooling or oversizing as the maximum ambient temperature is 50°C without derating PLC capacity is often unnecessary thanks to the Smart Logic Controller
- A low initial investment and easy upgrades are possible thanks to the modular concept with a wide range of options
- The need for external control and conversion equipment is avoided due to integrated pump, fan and compressor functionality
- 5–15% energy is saved as a result of the Automatic Energy Optimization function
- Less gateway solutions are needed thanks to a wide range of HVAC protocols for building management system controller connectivity
- Out-of-the-box EMC compliance according to IEC61800-3 Category C1 (housing) with 50-m motorcable means there is no need for external filters. C1 compliance is achieved by connecting the motor cable correctly to the motor terminal
- Built-in Smart Start guides reduce commissioning time by guiding the user through the setup process in an easily understandable language
- The user interface is the same from 1.1-1400 kW. If you know one drive, you know them all. Programming a 1.4 MW drive is just as easy as a 3 kW drive
- The built-in NABERS-compliant energy meter minimizes the need for external energy meter
- The very common fieldbuses – Modbus and BTL-listed BACnet – come free of charge with any VLT® HVAC Drive FC 102. BACnet allows quick and easy integration of the drive into building management systems. It can read and share data points and let the actual and requested values be transferred to and from the systems
Supply voltages and power range
3 x 200-240 V…1.1-45 kW
3 x 380-480 V…1.1 kW – 1 MW
3 x 525-600 V…1.1-90 kW
3 x 525-690 V…1.1 kW – 1.4 MW
Low harmonic drive
3 x 380-480 V…132-710 kW
3 x 380-500 V…250-1000 kW
3 x 525-690 V…250-1400 kW
Pumps, fans, compressors.
VLT® Motion Control Tool MCT 10
VLT® Motion Control Tool MCT 31
Danfoss HCS (Harmonic Calculation Software)
Danfoss Servo Sizer
VLT® Energy Box