VLT® HVAC Drive FC 102
- Minimized lifecycle costs for HVAC applications
The VLT® HVAC Drive is designed to bring optimized process control to all heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) applications. Easy to use and with built-in intelligence, the drive is fast and cost-effective to commission, and it has the capacity to control multiple high-efficiency permanent magnet motors in parallel. It features a wide range of functions specifically developed for use with, for example, pumps, fans and compressors to save energy, meet environmental regulations and reduce costs in modern buildings.
The compact design of the VLT® HVAC Drive and its efficient heat management system mean it is ideal for applications where drive space is restricted. A selection of safety features, such as Safe Torque Off and Safe Maximum Speed, protect both applications and their operators.
Maximum uptime is ensured as this robust drive offers problem-free operation in harsh environments. Enclosures are available up to IP 66 (depending on the model). And a special coating is available as an option to provide extra protection for circuit boards. Integrated DC chokes and RFI filters safeguard installations by minimizing harmonic distortion and electromagnetic interference.
Features and benefits
- There’s no need for external cooling or oversizing as the maximum ambient temperature is 50°C without derating PLC capacity is often unnecessary thanks to the Smart Logic Controller
- A low initial investment and easy upgrades are possible thanks to the modular concept with a wide range of options
- The need for external control and conversion equipment is avoided due to integrated pump, fan and compressor functionality
- 5–15% energy is saved as a result of the Automatic Energy Optimization function
- Less gateway solutions are needed thanks to a wide range of HVAC protocols for building management system controller connectivity
- Out-of-the-box EMC compliance according to IEC61800-3 Category C1 (housing) with 50-m motorcable means there is no need for external filters. C1 compliance is achieved by connecting the motor cable correctly to the motor terminal
- Built-in Smart Start guides reduce commissioning time by guiding the user through the setup process in an easily understandable language
- The user interface is the same from 1.1-1400 kW. If you know one drive, you know them all. Programming a 1.4 MW drive is just as easy as a 3 kW drive
- The built-in NABERS-compliant energy meter minimizes the need for external energy meter
- The very common fieldbuses – Modbus and BTL-listed BACnet – come free of charge with any VLT® HVAC Drive FC 102. BACnet allows quick and easy integration of the drive into building management systems. It can read and share data points and let the actual and requested values be transferred to and from the systems
Supply voltages and power range
3 x 200-240 V…1.1-45 kW
3 x 380-480 V…1.1 kW 1 MW
3 x 525-600 V…1.1-90 kW
3 x 525-690 V…1.1 kW 1.4 MW
Low harmonic drive
3 x 380-480 V…132-710 kW
3 x 380-500 V…250-1000 kW 3 x 525-690 V…250-1400 kW
Pumps, fans, compressors.
VLTÂ® Motion Control Tool MCT 10
VLTÂ® Motion Control Tool MCT 31
Danfoss HCS (Harmonic Calculation Software)
Danfoss Servo Sizer
VLTÂ® Energy Box