AC drives are installed on a daily basis in various heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and water-boosting applications in new and existing buildings and infrastructural systems all over the world. They enhance air quality and indoor comfort levels, improve control and energy-saving possibilities, ensure better asset protection, reduce maintenance costs and increase reliability. read more…
Get even higher reliability and lower total cost of ownership (TCO) in your heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) installations, with this unique VSD optimized for building automation systems.
More than ever, the extreme climates, inaccessible machine rooms and isolated outposts of our planet need the best process control there is for their HVAC installations. Your everyday critical functions and costly systems need it too, as they face ever-increasing competition and efficiency demands. Always with high performance in mind, the enhanced VLT® HVAC Drive gives you more room to maneuver. It confronts the issues and gives you rock-solid reliability. With rock-bottom lifecycle costs too.
Supply voltages and power range
Low harmonic drive
3 x 525-690 V…250-1400 kW
Features and benefits
- Slim down your TCO. Ongoing demands for lower TCO are challenges the VLT® HVAC Drive can help you meet.
- Install it outdoors in extreme climates. Searing heat and deep frost are all in a day’s work for the enhanced VLT® HVAC Drive. You get full reliability running this drive outdoors with temperature extremes from 50°C to minus 25°C.
- Control multiple IE5 PM motors. Bring energy efficiency to a new level in your fan and pump applications. You can even control multiple IE5 permanent magnet (PM) motors using only a single drive.
- Save time. You can parameterize and troubleshoot the drive from outside the AHU, thanks to the remote LCP. Maximize uptime by reducing the shutdown, since there is no need to open up the AHU and lock it down again afterwards.
- Get the freedom to choose your favorite motor. Choose exactly the motor you prefer, for whatever reason from supply security to performance optimization. The enhanced VLT® HVAC Drive is not only optimized to control induction, permanent magnet and synchronous reluctance motor technologies; our development team is working all the time to include compatibility with upcoming motor technologies in future software updates as well.
- Get the freedom to communicate. The ability to integrate the AC drive easily into your building automation system is a key to optimal control. The VLT® HVAC Drive features a number of HVAC-specific communication protocols, such as BACnet/IP, that give you flexibility of installation in both new and existing building automation systems.
VLT® Motion Control Tool MCT 31
Danfoss HCS (Harmonic Calculation Software)
Danfoss Servo Sizer
VLT® Energy Box